Friday, October 4, 2019

34. Notes - life is something else, no question about it


34.  4 October 2019

       Afternoon. You left for Cleveland's east side and lunch about nine and arrived at about eleven-thirty at one of your favorite places for lunch, The Stone Oven on Lee a couple blocks east of Cedar. After an excellent lunch of sandwiches and soup you drove passed Kim and Paul's old house in University Heights then down to and west on Fremont where you picked up your order of three dozen Jennifer cookies at the bakery, On the Rise. After which you headed back to I-271, headed home and arrived in Westerville at about three in the afternoon back where you began. - Amorella

       1934 hours. You made a pretty short order of the day, Amorella. It was fun. Carol and I like Cleveland's east side, no question about it -- a bit more diverse culture than Columbus and Cincinnati from our perspective. I spent a year on the west side, Middleburg Heights from the summer 1960 into summer of 1961 working in a foundry, took a couple night courses at Fenn College downtown (now Cleveland State), then in 1961 I left my parents' home and bummed my way out to Denver where I tried to join the Air Force but they wouldn't take me because of blood pressure and foot problems. So, a month or so later, I ended up taking a Greyhound bus home with the little money I had left. That Fall I stayed with my grandparents at Knox and Walnut in Westerville where I had spent my senior year in 1959-1960 so I could graduate with my Westerville High School class. I got into Otterbein conditionally because of mediocre grades and stayed for seven years until I actually graduated in 1967. 

       I remember those years, old man. You spent a lot of time drinking and thinking about drugs but you never took them in those days. Eventually, you got yourself sober on will alone then discovered your younger sister's roommate her freshman year at Otterbein and married her in 1967 after you started teaching your first year. Carol was a sophomore at that time. You finally had a focus and after Carol graduated and you had taught two more years you got into Bowling Green State University (again, conditionally) to work on a Master’s in Education on curriculum development. Within a year's time you received your degree and took a teaching job in the private American School in Sao Paulo, Brazil for two years. You taught British literature to seniors and freshman composition and literature and Carol taught third grade. After two years you both decided to return to the States, you both got teaching jobs in the Cincinnati area, Carol earned her Master's in Education at the University of Cincinnati, and you both stayed until retirement; you in 2003 and Carol in 2004. You had one daughter whom you taught as a senior AP student at Mason High, Kim graduated from Miami of Ohio and earned a Master's at Ohio State University. I was there, a witness to your life, just as other souls are witnesses to the human spiritual heartsanminds they hold. There is no privacy one's soul does not know. Strangely, though, as circumstance would have it, the soul is aware of what the spiritual heartanmind does not know, the fully unconscious spiritual heartanmind. - mh

       2012 hours. This is strange to realize. I am not in charge of the unconscious mind by definition. I have never thought on the concept of a spiritual unconscious heart let alone a heartanmind.

       This is not a fact, old man, it is constructed for your personal understanding of what more there is to being fully human, at least from this soul's perspective. - mh

       2017 hours. We are back where it makes no difference whether I believe you or have conjured you, so to speak, as a bit of my imagination. It doesn't seem reasonable that I do not have full consciousness of my life. What purpose would that serve me or any other human being, not to have full consciousness?

       Why have a spiritual aspect at all? What purpose does that make? - mh

       2021 hours. I assume it is bringing the spirit and the body together that makes for one's humanity. Obviously, there would be no other reason to survive physical death. Whatever you might say in response, leads me to believe you already know what I might say even before I do. What good is that to me? Nothing. If true, this is not fair, not just. Where is the free will?

       The free will is that you do not know, you are free of that unconscious knowledge, otherwise, you would not have free will. 

       2030 hours. I am tired of this. For all I know you are testing me like Amorella does sometimes. 

       You learn about yourself in these tests from Amorella. - mh

       2031 hours. I know I should just shut up sometimes, and listen for a different perspective on what is real and what is not. 

       That is one of the things the soul is for, old man. Are you listening? - mh
       
       2034 hours. I am. 

       Post. - Amorella

No comments:

Post a Comment

38. Note - concluding note and a Thank You for reading.

38.  8 October 2019          1127 hours. I don't have anything to say. The keys feel harder to press. I appear to have lost my na...